Among all the Focusrite products, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is the most popular one for singers and songwriters. But it is said that Focusrite driver failed to install, hence Scarlett 2i2 stops working to record two microphones at once.
Here you need to get the hang of installing Focusrite Scarlett drivers for your Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 1st or 2nd gen, Focusrite Scarlett solo, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, etc.
What is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? Does Focusrite Scarlett Have Phantom Power?
In short, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 refers to a 2 in/2 out USB recording interface. It is powerful enough to compact 2-in, 2-out USB audio. Users are attracted by its features like two natural-sounding Scarlett mic Preamps and class-leading sound quality.
More significantly, Focusrite Scarlett has 48V phantom power, which means thatyour condenser mics can work more smoothly as it has the external power source from the Focusrite Scarlett, thus reducing the output impedance.
Anyway, Scarlett 2i2 is what you need with comprehensive functionalities to record at once. So you need to install and set up Focusrite USB driver immediately if it runs into troubles.
How to Download Focusrite Scarlett Driver for Windows 10?
Normally, there are mainly three ways available for you to install Scarlett 2i2 drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7. You can select one suitable in your case.
Method 1: Update Focusrite Scarlett Driver Automatically
If you are not skillful enough, to download and update the Scarlett 2i2 drivers, you can choose to use the professional and safe tool – Driver Booster. Driver Booster will scan, download, and install the Focusrite drivers automatically for Windows 7, 10. It will also try its best to fix no sound issue if your Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Scarlett solo is not working on Windows 10.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster.
2. Then click the Scan button on Driver Booster interface.
3. In the search result, locate Sound, video and game controllers and then Update the Focusrite USB audio driver.
Driver Booster will install Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 drivers right away. After that, check whether the Scarlett driver not installing can be fixed here.
Method 2: Update Focusrite Scarlett Driver in Device Manager
You can also attempt to get the 2i2 driver within the system. That is to say, there is much need to find the Focusrite drivers in Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers and then right click Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to Update driver.
Here perhaps your Focusrite product is Scarlett 2i2 1st gen, 2nd gen, Scarlett solo, 2i4, 18i20, 18i8, etc.
3. Choose to Search automatically for the updated driver software.
Hope Device Manager can help you download the latest Scarlett Focusrite drivers for Windows 10.
Method 3: Update Focusrite Scarlett Drivers Manually
Last but not least, it makes sense that you navigate to Focusrite site to search and then install the Scarlett 2i2 drivers on your own. It may require time and patience to achieve that, therefore, take your time to set up Focusrite Scarlett for Windows 10.
1. Go to Focusrite official site.
2. On this website, you need to Pick your brand, and then either choose to Pick your product by range or Pick your product by type.
3. Here if you want to download the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 driver, you are supposed to select Focusrite as the brand, and Scarlett 2i2 from the option Pick your product by range under Scarlett.
After you picked out your Focusrite product, you can see all the downloads for this equipment below. Here as you can see, you can select Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen, 2i4, 2i4 2nd gen, 6i6, 8i6, 18i6, 18i20 depending on what you are using now.
4. Then below the brand choosing, expand Software and then Download the Scarlett 2i2 driver on Windows 10.
Provided you have no idea how to set up Focusrite driver, just turn to User Guides for more information about the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 1st gen or 2nd gen.
Here you may also notice that there are Focusrite 2i2 drivers for Mac, you can download the driver for it if needed.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the Focusrite USB driver.
At this moment, you will have downloaded and installed the Focusrite Scarlett drivers for Windows 10.
To summarize, in order to enjoy the functions of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, the Phantom power or class-leading conversion or two natural-sounding, you might as well determine to update the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 drivers.