When you find the Intel Management Engine Interface shows a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. When you see the driver details, it shows the code 10 error: This device cannot start.
- What is Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
- How to Download Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
- Fix Intel Management Engine Code 10 Error
This article aims to help you update the Intel Management Engine Interface driver and fix the Intel MEI Code 10 error.
What is Intel Management Engine Interface Driver?
Intel Management Engine Interface is also called Intel MEI, which is a chip thermal management driver launched by Intel for its chipset.
Like the firmware and the system driver, it works similar to an interface. Through this interface, the system can interact with the firmware to improve thermal energy management.
How to Update Intel Management Engine Interface Drivers?
There are two common ways that you can use to download and update all drivers for your laptop and desktop. As for the Intel chipset devices, you can also follow the next two methods.
Method 1: Update Intel Management Engine Interface Drivers Automatically
Automatically solving computer problems is definitely a recommended method. If you have no experience downloading or updating drivers and don’t want to waste time, you can choose this method.
Driver Booster is a professional driver tool which can help you detect all your devices including the internal and external hardware and then find the latest drivers automatically. With this software, you can get the latest Intel Management Engine Interface drivers for your Windows 10, 8, 7 (64 bit and 32 bit) system.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on your laptop or desktop.
2. Click Scan. After that, Driver Booster will start scanning all the current devices including the Intel chipset model and compare it with the latest version.
3. Find the System Device, select Intel Management Engine Device, click Update You can also click Update Now button to update all drivers with one-click.
Method 2: Download Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Manually
Some people will select this way because they may think downloading Intel MEI drivers from the official site will be safer. If you have time and knowledge about installing drivers by yourself, this is also a good choice.
1. Goes to Intel(r) Management Engine Interface driver downloading page. This is the direct downloading page from the official site. In this page, you will see the striking title about downloads for Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (Intel r MEI).
2. Here you will see different Intel MEI drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7. Of course, you can select the system as you like.
For example, click the link of Intel Management Engine driver for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Here from the OS item you will see that this driver supports Windows 10 (64 bit and 32 bit) and Windows 8.1 (64 bit and 32 bit).
3. On this page, you will see the detailed downloading information about the Intel MEI driver. Click Download button to download the driver. You will see the driver file is ME_SW_1909.12.0.1236.zip.
On the right side, you will see this driver supports 6th, 7th, 8th Generation Intel(R) Core Process Family.
4. Extract the installation package, find the setup file, and double-click the file to install the driver.
How to Fix Intel Management Engine Interface Code 10 Error
Why does this part appear here? Because the code 10 error for Intel Management Engine Interface in device manager is related to the drivers and the solution is uninstall and reinstall the driver.
So when the error code 10 for this Intel MEI device appears, you can follow the next steps.
1.Open Device Manager.
2. Expand System Devices and find Intel Management Engine Interface, right-click to select Uninstall device. Some computer may show in Other Devices.
3. In Uninstall Device interface, select the check box Delete the driver software for this device, and click Uninstall button.
4. Follow the above two methods to reinstall Intel Management Engine Device driver.
As a subsystem that can manage the thermal drive of the chip and can complete some tasks independently, the Intel management Engine Interface driver needs to be kept up to date. And if a code 10 error occurs, you need to uninstall the original driver and reinstall it.