Download Brother HL-3170CDW Drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7
Sometimes, after upgrading the system from Windows 7, 8 to Windows 10, the Brother HL-3170CDW printer cannot work properly, and it reminds you to update the firmware. When your Brother printer runs into this problem, you should check the condition of the driver. This article shows you how to update Brother HL 3170 CDW printer drivers.
Method 1: Update Brother HL3170CDW Drivers Automatically
In most cases, after upgrading the system, there are lots of drivers that should be updated including the HL-3170CDW printer. So choosing an automatic way will be a good choice.
Driver Boosteris a professional and fast driver updating tool. With this software, you can download the latest drivers and update drivers with one click. Using this software, you can update Canon, HP, Dell, Ricoh, Brother, Xerox and other manufacturer’s printer drivers easily and fast.
Of course, this software can help you uninstall drivers such as graphic driver completely. So using Driver Booster to fix the computer internal and external devices driver issue will be the first choice.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on your computer.
2. Click Scan. Several second later, Driver Booster will list all the results. You will see the outdated drivers, missing drivers, and game components.
3. In Print Queue, find Brother HL-3170CDW Printer, then click Update.
Using driver booster to update the driver is the fastest way. In fact, it is also a very safe method because all drivers are WHQL certified. But there are still many people who choose to download the driver from the official website.
Method 2: Download Brother HL-3170CDW Printer Drivers Manually
Apart from updating the printer driver automatically, other people will select the manual way. Brother official site offer you all the printer drivers and firmware package for downloading, for instance, you can download HL-3170CDW drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7 32 bit and 64 bit.
1. Go to Brother HL-3170 CDW Drivers Download page. Here you can see the information.
2. Select the OS family: Windows, Mac, Linux and Mobile. Here we select Windows.
3. Select OS version and then click OK. Here are many Windows OS versions available for you: Windows 10 (64bit/32bit), Windows 8.1 (64bit/32bit), Windows 8 (64bit/32bit), Windows 7 (64bit/32bit), etc.
4. In the downloading page, you can select Full Driver & Package or a driver to download.
5. After the Brother printer HL-3170 drivers are downloaded, double-click the setup file to install it step by step.
Tips: For the Brother HL-3170CDW printer drivers, there is another thing you should do is to update the firmware.
In the download page, drop-down the Vscrollbar, you will see the Brother HL-3170CDW firmware. You can click the Firmware Update Tool to download it.
Of course, you should install firmware for Brother HL-3170CDW printer.
Method 3: Update Brother Printer HL 3170CDW Drivers with Device Manager
Using device manager to update drivers is a basic way. In normal condition, it will be a choice and most of the time it can finish driver update. So you can use this way to update Windows drivers for HL-3170CDW printer.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Print queue, right-click the Brother HL-3170CDW printer and select Update driver.
3. Then select the first option: Search automatically for driver updated software.
Now Microsoft will detect the new printer driver and installed it automatically.
You can use any of the methods above to update your brother hl-3170 printer drivers. Here is one thing you need to pay attention to. When you upgrade the Windows 7, 8 system to Windows 10, if the printer driver is incompatible, you need to uninstall the printer driver first, and then reinstall it.
3 Ways to Download Brother Printer Drivers for Windows 10
Download Brother MFC-l2700DW Driver for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista