Sometimes, when you login into Windows 10, it shows you password expiration reminder telling you that Windows 10 password expired and must be changed.
This Windows logon reminder is rather annoying as it will keep reminding you of Windows 10 password expired. If you are in an urgent situation, maybe you can try to remove login in password or reset the password for your PC when this expired password comes to you this time.
In this sense, it is necessary for you to disable password expiration notification Windows 10. You can turn to this article to find ways you want.
How to Turn Off Windows 10 Password Expiration Notification?
If you would like to disable the expired password reminder as you have no likings to change the password frequently for Windows 10, there are several methods you can try to make use of to solve Windows 10 your password will expire. These ways can also be applied to Windows 7 Home and Windows 7 premium version.
- 1: Use User Account to Disable Password Expiration Windows 10
- 2: Use Computer Management to Disable or Enable Windows 10 Password Expiration Notification
- 3: Utilize Command Prompt to Remove Windows 10 Password Expired Notification
- 4: Fix Password Expiration Windows 10 in Group Policy
Solution 1: Use User Account to Disable Password Expiration Windows 10
It is said there is a kind of User Account settings on Windows systems. Normally, it can control the password expiration reminder in some way. That is why here you are suggested to take advantage of User account window to set the password expiration policy for Windows 10.
1. Press Windows + R to elevate the Run box and then enter netplwiz in the box. At last, click OK to move into User Account window.
2. In User Account window, under the Advanced tab, hit Advanced.
3. Then in the next window, under Local, locate and double click the user account name to activate its Properties and uncheck the box of Password never expires.
Here the user account name is Jane as you can see obviously.
4. After you clicked Apply and OK to save changes, you can take notice that Windows 10 password expire reminder disappeared from Windows 10.
Solution 2: Use Computer Management to Disable or Enable Windows 10 Password Expiration Notification
You can also utilize Computer Management in order to disable password expiration Windows 10. It is likely that it can help you with the password expired error on PC.
1. Search Computer Management in the search box and then hit Enter to get into it.
2. Then navigate to Local users and Groups > Users. Then find out the user account on your PC. Here the user account is Jane.
3. Double click the user account (Here it is Jane) to go to Jane’s Properties and then choose to tick the box of Password never expires.
4. All done, hit Apply and OK to take effect.
Computer Management will assist you in Windows 10 reminds that your password is expired and must be changed. Hope it is helpful for you to turn off password expiration notification.
But if you feel like to enable Windows 10 password expiration reminder, you can uncheck the box of Password never expires.
Solution 3: Utilize Command Prompt to Remove Windows 10 Password Expired Notification
The ways above are to elevate user account properties to set password expiration never comes up on Windows 10, here it is also feasible that you run a certain command so as to fix Windows 10 your password will expire error.
1. Type in Command Prompt in the search box and then right click the best-matched result to Run as administrator.
2. Then in Command Prompt, copy and paste the following command and then stroke Enter to run this command to solve Windows 10 password expired.
wmic UserAccount where Name='Jane' set PasswordExpires=False
Note: Here you need to change the user account name Jane with the account name on your PC.
Shortly after that, you can see in the right corner of your Desktop, there will be no more password expired Windows 10 and Windows 10 password expiration reminder has vanished.
Solution 4: Fix Password Expiration Windows 10 in Group Policy
Upon the time when there is an expired password and must be changed in Windows 10, it is advisable that you make the best use of Group Policy to change the password expiration time on your PC.
To accomplish that, you might as well try to follow the steps below.
1. Type in Group Policy in the search box and then hit Enter to navigate to Local Group Policy.
2. In Local Group Policy, go as the path:
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account policies\Password Policy
3. Then under Password Policy, on the right pane, locate and right click the Maximum password age to open its Properties.
4. Then you set Password will expire in what time as you wish in Maximum password age Properties window.
5. At last, click Apply and OK to save changes.
You can also change the minimum password age according to your case. To finish that, just do the same to Minimum password age.
It is of course that using group policy you can only change the password expiration time, which means your password will expire someday. Maybe you will also need to disable password expiration Windows 10.
To sum up, if you would like to disable or enable Windows 10 password expiration reminder, attempt to take advantage of the solutions in this article. You will fix this password expired error as long as you tried them.