Does Focusrite Scarlett Solo need drivers? Yes, it needs. Many users tend to use Scarlett Solo to capture the music anywhere.
However, it makes no sense if you even have no idea how this interface works on Windows or Mac systems. Such interfaces as Scarlett 2nd Gen Solo, 2i2, 2i4, Scarlett 1st Gen Solo, 2i2, 2i4, iTrack Solo need drivers on Windows and Mac.
Without a compatible driver, your Focusrite Scarlett solo may show you the error message, “Windows was unable to install your Focusrite Scar USB”.
Sometimes, the Scarlett Solo interface may be cracking or broken. Normally, if you wish to use the Focusrite Scarlett Solo to capture sound, try the methods below.
How to Download Focusrite Scarlett Solo Driver on Windows and Mac?
Drivers are needed to get the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2i4 or 2i2 to run on Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Mac. You can adopt a suitable method to update the Focusrite Scarlett solo driver.
- 1: Download Focusrite Scarlett Solo Driver Automatically
- 2: Update Focusrite Scarlett Solo Drivers from Focusrite Official Website
- 3: Update Focusrite Scarlett Solo Driver in Device Manager
Method 1: Download Focusrite Scarlett Solo Driver Automatically
If you had no idea where you can find the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd or 3rd drivers, you can rely on a reliable tool to help you locate, download and install a compatible Scarlett solo driver on Windows 10, 8, 7.
Especially, when you are eager to use this sound to connect microphones, musical instruments, or line-level audio signals to a computer running Mac OS or Windows, it is good to download Driver Booster, a professional driver tool to install drivers automatically and quickly.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster.
2. Click Scan. You can see Driver Booster is scanning all your device drivers to check whether there are outdated, missing, or corrupted drivers.
3. Find out Focusrite Scarlett Solo driver and then Update it.
The Scarlett solo 2i2 or 2i4 or any other drivers will be installed, and they are compatible with your operating system. So you may as well try to use the Scarlett Solo to see if it still captures cracking sound or shows the driver unavailable message. If you are experiencing other audio errors, like Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, you can also try Driver Booster.
Method 2: Update Focusrite Scarlett Solo Drivers Manually
Whatever your Focusrite Scarlett Solo model is, you can find all the driver for the Focusrite interface from Focusrite official website, like Scarlett 1st Gen Solo, 2i2, 2i4, Scarlett 2nd Gen Solo, 2i2, 2i4, 6i6, 18i8, 18i20, All Clarett USB interfaces, All Clarett Thunderbolt interfaces, Saffire 6 USB 2.0, and Saffire 6 USB 1.1.
Compared with the automatic method, this way to find the driver yourself may be more troublesome, so just follow method 1 if you are not proficient in fixing computer problems yourself. To download Focusrite Scarlett solo driver Windows and Mac, try the following steps.
1. Navigate to Focusrite Support.
2. Locate Support > Downloads.
3. Pick your product by range. Take downloading Scarlett 2i2 as an example.
Here, as you can see, apart from the Focusrite Scarlett range, you can also download drivers for Focusrite Clarett, Saffire, iTrack, Red, OctoPre, etc.
4. Find out the Scarlett 2i2 Windows or Mac driver and Download it on your device.
5. Finish the installation concerning the on-screen instructions.
Hence, you will get Focusrite Scarlett Solo free download on Windows or Mac systems. If needed, you can also download Focusrite control to better manage your Focusrite products on computers.
Method 3: Update Focusrite Scarlett Solo Driver in Device Manager
You can also install Focusrite Scarlett solo driver for Windows 10 or any other Windows system within the system. That is to say, you can make the best of the inbuilt driver tool, Device Manager to help you find the latest Scarlett Focusrite solo, driver.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Find out the Focusrite Scarlett solo and then right click it to Update driver.
3. Search automatically for the updated driver software.
If Device Manager finds the compatible driver, it will prompt you and ask you whether to install it on the Windows system or not. Possibly, the Focusrite Scarlett USB drivers are updated via Device Manager.
What if the Scarlett Solo Driver cannot be installed?
Some users reported that they just failed to install the Scarlett drivers on Windows and Mac even after following the above methods. Actually, it reflects that they may be driver conflicts or incompatibility with the system, or something just goes wrong with the system or the Focusrite drivers. Therefore, you need to:
1. Turn off the programs and enter the safe mode.
2. Follow one of the above methods to install Scarlett Solo driver Windows or Mac again in the safe mode.
In short, either you are a professional musician or music lover, updating the Focusrite Scarlett drivers on Windows or Mac is always necessary to get the Focusrite interface to run.