When your Ricoh printer driver has a new version, though it can still be used, it would be more convenient to update it to the new one. And sometimes, after you upgrade system to Windows 10, the printer cannot work because of the old or incompatible driver issue.
As to how to download and update Ricoh Printer drivers, here you can get two methods to manage it and some detailed operations. And if your Ricoh printer does not support Windows 10, you should install printer drivers in compatible mode.
Method 1: Download Ricoh Printer Drivers Manually
This way is about how to download a new version Ricoh Printer Driver in its official website.
1. Go to Ricoh’s Universal Print Driver page.
2. Then it will detect your computer’s OS automatically.
3. Below it, you can select your driver language in the select box.
4. Next, there is a list of the newest version of Ricoh Printer Drivers among which you choose the one you’d like to update to. Take PCL6 V4 Driver for example. Select it from the list and then click Download.
5. After downloading it, follow the instructions to install the new version.
All these above are about the first way to download and update Ricoh Printer Driver. After you finished these steps, you can use the new version drivers.
Method 2: Update Ricoh Printer Driver Automatically
In this way, you need to download Driver Booster, which is a professional driver download utility tool that can help you download and update device drivers, in advance and install it in your computer. The next is detailed steps.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on your computer.
2. Click Scan.
3. Click Update. Find the Ricoh printer device, and click Update.
Once these steps are completed, you have updated the Ricoh Driver. Outdated Ricoh drivers will slow down the performance of your Ricoh device or even make your device breakdown. So it is recommended to download and update your Ricoh drivers regularly. These two ways talked above both are simple and you can choose according to your preference.
Solution 3: Update Printer Drivers in Device Manager
Using device manager to update drivers is a common way, it can fix some driver issue and update drivers.
1. Open device manager.
2. Expand Print Queues, and then find your printer to click Update Driver.
3. Then select the first option: Search automatically for updated driver software.
After that, Windows will search your computer and the Internet for the latest Ricoh printer drivers and update it.