It has been frequently reported recently that after installing the latest Windows update, a warning message that Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: cannot load the file DLL ´iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll: Cannot find the specified module. (Exception HRESULT: 0x8007007E) Windows Explorer pops up.
Especially, this error message appears on Windows 10 whenever you open Windows Explorer to access a file. And this Intel Optane ™ Memory Pinning error often shows an error code 0x8007007E.
Unfortunately, even if Dell and Intel teams have figured out some fixes, this Intel optane memory pinning error has not been solved yet by some users.
So this tutorial aims to show you how to get Intel optane memory pinning back to work and load DLL file in Windows Explorer as well as the causes of this error so that you can avoid it in the future.
Why does this Intel Optane ™ Memory Pinning Error Come up?
The Intel Optane ™ memory pinning is used by different core processors to quickly access files or other data on your PC. And when this error: Intel Optane Memory Pinning unable to load DLL ‘iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll’: The specified module could not be found appears, it means that the Intel Optane ™ Memory Explorer Extension runs to errors.
For instance, when the drivers required by Intel Optane ™ Explorer extension are missing or corrupted, it is likely that this Intel Optane ™ memory pinning error will pop up whenever you open Windows Explorer to access data on the PC.
How to Fix Intel Optane ™ Memory Pinning Unable to Load Dll Error?
As mentioned above, drivers and the extension itself are the culprits of unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll issue. Therefore, to fix the iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll problem, you might as well try to resolve the driver and extension errors on your PC.
- 1: Uninstall and Update Windows 10 Drivers
- 2: Repair or Uninstall Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions
Solution 1: Uninstall and Update Windows 10 Drivers
It is said that to use the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer extensions, some drivers are needed. That is why you may hit upon Intel optane memory pinning error mostly after Windows 10 updates. And once there are problems to the drivers, Intel optane memory pinning error unable to load dll happens.
Therefore, there is much need for you to get rid of the problematic drivers on Windows 10 and then update these drivers to help solve iastorafsserviceapi.dll error.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Find out and then right click the erroneous device driver to Uninstall it.
Here, since you are encountering Intel Optane Pinning Explorer unable to load dll issue, you can try to uninstall and update the Intel-related drivers, such as Intel® Pinning Shell Extensions.
3. Restart your PC if required.
After that, you can turn to an automatic driver tool, Driver Booster, to download and install the driver quickly and automatically. In this way, you can check whether Intel optane memory pinning unable to load dll warning message would show up again when the required drivers are installed.
4. Download, install and run Driver Booster on Windows 10.
5. Hit the Scan button to get Driver Booster to search for missing, corrupted, and even damaged drivers on your device.
6. Click Update beside the drivers that are found outdated or problematic. Here, for your convenience, you can also hit Update all to get all the drivers updated at once.
Solution 2: Repair or Uninstall Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions
If updating drivers is of no use to fix the problem, perhaps you have to fix or even uninstall the Intel Optane pinning explorer extensions from Windows 10. In such a case, you may need to install the extensions if needed.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Find out Programs > Uninstall a program. You can access these items easily via View by Categories.
3. In the Programs and Features window, locate Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions and right click it to Repair or Uninstall the extension.
4. Wait until the repairing or uninstalling process is finished and reboot your PC to take effects.
You can see that there is no longer Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: cannot load the file DLL ´iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll: Cannot find the specified module. (Exception HRESULT: 0x8007007E) Windows Explorer error.
In short, with this post, you can fix Intel optane memory pinning unable to load dll on Windows 10 on your own. But if you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact us.