Many users may want to add PDF as a printer, but sometimes you may notice that Windows print to PDF is missing or unavailable. You are disabled to print as a PDF. When you feel like to install this feature again, Windows print to PDF can’t reinstall.
In fact, printing PDF has some unspeakable advantages over other forms of the printer. Print to PDF enables you to print from any program, not restricting to Microsoft Word or text document.
And maybe that is why so many users are eager to remove the Microsoft print to PDF disappeared issue and hope to learn well how to print to PDF on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Part 1: Fix Missing Print to PDF on Windows 10
Prior to Windows 10, there is no Microsoft print to PDF. But as for the users who are running on Windows 10, print to PDF can’t either be used, it is high time to solve this printing error for your PC.
You may know that print as PDF is a feature pre-installed on Windows 10, so as long as you couldn’t print to PDF Windows, you need to deal with this issue instantly if you would like to print as you wish in programs.
Now in this part, it will mainly help you resolve Windows 10 Microsoft print to PDF not working.
1. Press Windows + R to activate the Run box and then in this box, input optionalfeatures.exe.
At last, click OK to turn on Windows features window.
2. In Windows Features window, scroll down to locate Microsoft Print to PDF and tick the box of it to turn on the feature –Microsoft Print to PDF. Then hit OK to save changes.
Step 1 to 2 is to enable Microsoft print to PDF. After that, you may also fail to print as PDF Windows 10. This time, you are supposed to obey the following steps below to further fix Windows 10 Microsoft print to PDF.
3. Then go to Start > Settings > Devices.
4. Under Printers &scanners, hit Add a printer or scanner.
5. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
Here if Windows 10 couldn’t detect any printer, you are able to choose the option – The printer that I want isn’t listed.
6. Then you will go to Add printer window, tick the box of Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Finally, hit Next.
7. Choose to Use an existing port and then select FILE: (Print to File). Soon after that, stroke Next.
8. In Add printer window, under Manufacturer, choose Microsoft. And under Printers, select Microsoft print to PDF. After that, click Next to go on.
9. Decide to Use the driver that is currently installed (Recommended) and then click Next.
10. Input a Printer name. And then hit Next for more steps.
Then you can see a printer with the name you have just added will be installed with the Microsoft print to PDF driver. And the Windows 10 missing print to PDF would be fixed in this way.
Related: How to add a printer on Windows 10
Part 2: Microsoft Print to PDF Missing on Windows 7, 8
With regard to Windows 7 or 8 consumers, although you have no Microsoft print to PDF choice, this post would let you know how to add print to PDF when print to PDF disappeared from Windows features on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Since there is no Microsoft Print to PDF, you would better make use of tools which are able to install this feature on Windows 8.1.
To replace print to PDF, you can use some helper to help you to achieve this goal, such as Adobe Acrobat and doPDF.
Even if you couldn’t print as PDF on Windows 7, 8 with built-in applications, these tools can assist you to print to PDF Windows.
To make a summarization, whatever it is on Windows 7, 8 or 10, to better solve unavailable print to PDF issue, this article will introduce to you how to effectively remove print to PDF unable usable problem.