- 1: End the Discord Processes
- 2: Delete Discord Folders
- 3: Change Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service Settings
- 4: Run Discord App without Administrative Privileges
- 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Discord App
Solution 1: End the Discord Processes
1. Search Task Manager in the Search box and then press Enter to move on.
2. Under Processes, scroll down to locate and right click Discord and other related Discord processes to End task.
You can also try to close Discord in the command prompt by running a command when you find that turning off Discord failed in task manager.
3. Type Command Prompt in the Search box and then right click the result to Run administrator.
4. In Command Prompt, copy and paste the following command and then hit Enter.
taskkill /f /im discord.exe
Solution 2: Delete Discord Folders
1. Type File Explorer in the search box and then stroke Enter.
2. Find out C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Discord.
3. Then right click the Discord folder to Delete it.
In this way, you will have removed the Discord folders in %AppData%.
4. Press Windows + R to elevate the Run box and then enter %localappdata% in the box.
5. Find out the Discord Folder and right click it to Delete.
Solution 3: Change Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service Settings
1. Input Services in the search box and then press Enter.
2. In Services, pinpoint Quality Windows Audio and Video Experience and right click it to access its Properties.
3. Under General, locate Startup type and change it to Automatic.
4. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Solution 4: Run Discord App without Administrative Privileges
1. On the Desktop, right click Discord app to open its Properties.
2. Under Compatibility, uncheck the box of Run this program as an administrator.
3. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
In so doing, Discord will not start as an administrator and causes different problems. And the compatibility issue between the Discord app and the system might be eliminated.
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Discord App
1. Type control panel in the search box and then hit Enter the keyboard key.
2. In Control Panel, View by Category, and locate Programs > Uninstall a program.
3. In Programs and Features, find out Discord and right click it to Uninstall.