After upgrading your laptop from Windows 7, 8 to Windows 10, the computer driver also needs to be updated. Whatever your graphic card is, you should update it. And if your graphic card is Intel HD Graphics 4600, you can follow this article to download or update it.
As we know, Intel has released many graphics cards, HD Graphics 4600 being one of them. Intel HD Graphics 4600 is a graphics card embedded in the motherboard. It enables users to play 2D graphic games, browse the webpage and video stream.
If your Intel HD 4600 is not the latest version or not compatible with the latest system, it may cause screen crash, game stuck or other problems. So updating HD 4600 driver is necessary.
Here are three ways you can choose to download or update the driver for your graphic card. Of course, these methods can also be used to update other drivers.
- 1. Update Intel HD 4600 Drivers in Device Manager
- 2. Update Intel HD Graphics 4600 Drivers Automatically
- 3. Download Intel(R) Graphics 4600 Drivers Manually
Method 1: Update Intel HD 4600 Drivers in Device Manager
Microsoft offers device manager to manage all your desktop and laptop hardware. So if you find your HP laptop graphic card is Intel HD 4600, you can check its driver version and update it to the latest version in device manager.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Display adapters, you will see there is a list shows as Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.
3. Right-click Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600, and select Update Driver.
4. Select the first option: Search automatically for updated driver software.
After that, Microsoft will find the HD 4600 drivers online and update it automatically.
Method 2: Update Intel(R) Graphics 4600 Drivers Automatically
Besides device manager, you can also use Driver Booster to help you to download Intel(R) 4600 driver automatically. Driver Booster is powerful driver software which can help to find the missing, outdated and error graphic drivers, and update it to the latest version automatically.
On the other hand, it is also a game helper. It provides an easy way to download the necessary game components such as OpenAL, .Net Framwork, .XNA Framework Redistribute, etc. Of course, when you playing game, you can set your computer to game mode with this software to get maximum game performance.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster in your laptop.
2. Click Scan. Driver Booster will start scanning the HP, Dell and other laptops which is integrated with Intel HD Graphics 4600. After that, you will see all the outdated, missing and erroneous drivers.
3. Find Intel HD Graphics 4600, click Update. If you have other drivers want to update, you can click Update Now to update all drivers one time.
Now, Driver Booster start downloading the drivers safely and quickly and install it automatically.
Method 3: Download Intel HD 4600 Drivers Manually
For all the Intel drivers, you can download the driver from its official site. So if your want to download Intel HD 4600 drivers for your HP, Dell, ASUS or other laptops, you can find it from Intel official site directly.
1. Goes to Intel HD Graphics 4600 download page.
2. Select the system. Here you can only see Intel HD 4600 drivers for Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit). So if your system is Windows XP, Vista or Windows 8, maybe you should install the Intel(r) HD graphics 4600 drivers in compatibility mode.
Tips: Intel provides an automatic way to help you automatically detect your hardware and provides the latest drivers for your hardware. It is an Intel corporation driver updating way.
3. Select the driver. Here is the driver description, supports system, and release date.
In the driver downloading page, download from the left side.
Download Intel HD 4600 drivers for 64 bit: win64_184.108.40.20663.exe (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28662/a08/win64_220.127.116.1163.exe)
Download Intel HD 4600 Drivers for 32 bit: win32_18.104.22.16863.exe (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28662/a08/win32_22.214.171.12463.exe)
4. After the driver has been downloaded, you can update Intel 4600 drivers by installing it on your laptop step by step.
5. Restart laptop. After installing drivers for Intel graphics 4600, restart your computer.
Now these three ways above are easily to be operated, and all these methods can help you download Intel HD graphics 4600 driver for Windows 10, 8, 7.