Internet phone scams appear now and then, and there are numerous ways of fraud. Many iPhone users reported that they received a call from Apple Inc and the phone number was 800-692-7753.
Can you pick it up? Is it fraud?
If you are wondering about these, follow on.
- Scammer Pretend to Be Apple And Call the Users
- Why Are Scam Calls Displayed as Apple Information
- What is the Phone Number 800-692-7753?
- How to Protect Yourself from Phone Fraud
Scammer Pretend to be Apple and Call the Users
If you received this phone number, don’t hesitate, it is 100% a scam call.
This is a phone call from fraudsters pretending to be Apple’s customer service staff. After that, you may be asked to provide your personal information, bank card account, and other information. Sometimes, in order to appear more authentic, they will provide another customer service phone number or other pretenses to make you less alert. When you realize that this is a scam, it may be too late.
Why Are Scam Calls Displayed as Apple Information
Why are the scam phone’s avatar, company information, and address displaying as Apple’s? There are two reasons:
If you have used the iPhone before 2011, then in your contact list, Apple’s contact information is added to the list by default.
Or you have added Apple’s contact information yourself, which is rare.
How did it happen?
When scammers call you by Spoofing technology, your iPhone will display the pre-stored information on the phone, which is the phone number 800-692-7753 and its related information. But what you don’t know is that the caller is a scammer, not an official Apple staff. This is the whole process.
What is the Phone Number 800-692-7753?
This phone number is indeed Apple’s official support contact information, which can be found on the official Apple contact page.
1. Open https://www.apple.com/contact/.
2. On the contact page, you can see 800-692-7753 in different places.
On Apple online store, you can see there is a phone number called 800-692-7753. If you buy anything in Apple’s official store or have any questions about your order, you can use this customer service phone: 800-692-7753. You can call it from 7:00 a.m to 11:00 p.m every day.
On the North American corporate contacts tab, you can also see this number. From the below image you can see in Canada, the information is (800) MY-APPLE (800-692-7753). And in Mexico, the number is 001-800-692-7753.
But remember that Apple will not take the initiative to call customers.
How to Protect Yourself from Phone Fraud
It is known that 800-692-7753 is a fraudulent phone call and a potential danger for your personal information, so how can we prevent phone scams in daily life? You can do it in the following ways.
1. Don’t pick up a stranger call.
2. If you received a call from Apple or other companies, as long as they mention personal information, please hang up immediately.
3. Protect your Apple id. Don’t enter your apple id on unfamiliar websites. Many websites are phishing websites mainly used to steal your personal information, accounts, payment passwords, etc.
4. Turn on Silence Unknown Callers on your iPhone.
5. Go to Apple support page to report the phony calls.