How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently (2023 Update)
As a music platform, Spotify has a variety of songs, and its users are from all over the world. This article is about how to delete your account on Spotify.
- Deleting Account on Spotify Overview
- How to Canel Your Spotify Account Step by Step
- How to Delete Spotify Account With Contact Form
- How Do I Get My Spotify Account Back?
Deleting Account on Spotify Overview
If you no longer want to receive various music subscriptions from Spotify, or you sign up for other music platforms, you may choose to cancel your Spotify account. In this way, you need to understand the rules of Spotify about deleting accounts.
Usually, Spotify officials do not want users to delete their accounts. Whether it is temporary or permanent, they provide a very effective method of managing accounts. But if you really want to delete it, please follow the tutorial below.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Account Step by Step
Can you delete your Spotify account? Of course yes. Before you decide to terminate your Spotify account, you need to know another thing. There are two types of Spotify accounts. The one is a free account, and the other is a premium account. If your account is Premium, you need to cancel subscription first.
Here use the website as an example to delete account on Spotify.
1. Go to Spotify Account Contact Page.
2. In the categories, select Account.
3. In all topics, select I want to close my account.
4. For permanent deleting Spotify account, select Close Account. Here you can see a reminder that after you deleted your account on Spotify, you will lose your music, podcasts and playlists, etc.
So if you use the Spotify on the computer, tablet or mobile phone, these steps may be similar, you just need to find your account settings, and then do it step by step.
How to Delete Spotify Account with Contact Form
Apart from cancelling the account on the Spotify website, Spotify also provides another way for you that you can send an email address to Spotify support to delete it manually.
Although this is a form of subscription cancellation, you can also use it to delete the Spotify account.
I hereby give notice that I withdraw from my contract for the provision of my Spotify paid subscription. This email address should contain these information:
Your Spotify account email address:
And you can send the email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancel Spotify Subscription for Premium Account
1. Login to your Spotify account and click Account to enter the account settings.
2. Under Your Plan, click Change Plan.
3. Scroll down to locate Spotify Free and then click Cancel Premium.
4. Follow the prompts step by step until you have cancelled it.
After you cancelled Premium plan, you can also use the free function such as playing and saving music and podcasts, etc.
How Do I Get My Spotify Account Back?
If your account is disabled, you can quickly get it back. But if you deleted it by yourself, you reactivate it directly in 7 days. You can send an email to contact the Spotify official support team to tell them that you deleted your account by mistake and you want to restore it again and continue to subscript it.
How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3
Fixed: Spotify Error Code 18 Windows 11 and 10
How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Windows and Mac